First time I spent the weekend alone with my babe at his place. My biyenan asked me if I could keep Jher company since she’ll be out until the 3rd week of May. So, it was our opportunity to practice playing house. (giggles) So, I just want to share my feelings and experience.
Jerome’s Log, Pre-dry run Activities
- Prepared DVD’s for entertainment
- Brought DC comics compilation of “Watchmen” series (to keep husband entertained while I do my take-home work)
- Menu for the next three days & three nights
Jerome’s Log, Day 1
- Woke up with Jher the first person I laid eyes on. (parang Fido Dido ang hair pag bagong gising)
- Jher prepared coffee and peanut butter sandwiches while I consumed my first cigarette for the day (with Jher glaring and giving me a homily about the dangers of smoking and benefits of quitting…yada-yada-yada…damn, dry run is NOT looking great)
- Jher ironed my denim pants while I prepared to leave for a workshop that I have to facilitate that morning (nakabawi kasi pinag-plantsa ako…hahahaha!)
- Before I left, I gave myself a last look on the mirror and Jher gave finishing touches on my crookedly tucked shirt, hanky in my pocket…and of course, a GOODBYE KISS (giggles, loving the dry-run naaaa!)
- During the workshop, Babe kept reminding me of things that I need to buy while he cleaned the house and washed the clothes (so wifely!)…and of course, I have the occasional text messages: NAKARATING KA NA BA, BABE? and MUSTA ANG WORKSHOP and MISS YOU ALREADY…(kilig)
- After the workshop, on my agenda were to look for a replacement part for the electric fan and go to the market to buy stuff for dinner. Both failed attempts (Jher, 3 points; Jerome, 0 points *pouts*) Pero binili ko sya ng merienda in fairness (Jher, 3 points; Jerome, 1 point)
- 5:00 p.m., we went to the market and bought ingredients for dinner and some for the next day. I prepared a kick-ass “oh my gulay” menu of chow-chow (Jerome, 10-million pogi points!).
- After a sensational dinner, we watched tv until 11:30. And then…..
- Cheh! Ang dudumi ng isip. I told him my life story until 2:00 a.m. Did you know that he got to know of the details of my life just last Saturday? Tsktsktsk…
Jerome’s Log, Day 2
- Woke up with him by my side…(Hmmmm…I could get used to this)
- He prepared breakfast while I took out the meat from the freezer to thaw (so wifely…of both of us…na-confuse na aketch. hahahaha!)
- Now, I’m the captain coz its more of kitchen activities! Kaya sit down lang ang husband reading the DC comics while I prepared almondigas for lunch. Yum! (Jerome, 15,000 points!)
- Watched CSI marathon…then siesta (enjoying it so far…)
- Went to market to buy additional ingredients
- Prepared Kenny Rogers-inspired dinner of spaghetti and meatballs, mashed potato, and fried chicken…(napa-yosi ang husband sa kabusugan kahit hindi nagyoyosi. hahahahaha!)
- Watched HOSTAGE on Star Movies (na-tense kaming dalawa dun ha…)
Jerome’s Log, Day 3 (today)
- Babe woke me up at 5:30 a.m. (I had an early writeshop in Ortigas)
- He prepared French toast and coffee…aaaawwww! Tsalap!
- Left for work…armed with a goodbye kiss and a text message received 5-meters from his house saying: THANK YOU FOR SPENDING THE WEEKEND. I LOVE YOU MORE THAN YOU’LL EVER KNOW… (susme, kinilig daw talaga ako)
ALL I CAN SAY is: now I know why people get married or decide to live together…hmmmm (thinks about the successful dry-run while drumming fingers)